• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 3116 Cat looses power at times

jrhunter

I have a low hour M35a3 that I use for plowing snow at over 5000 ft. It has begun to stutter and hesitate at times, usually under load, but not always. It only lasts for 5-10 seconds, then runs fine. All turbo connections are tight. No water in fuel. I plowed 2 days in a row in 20 plus degree weather and one day it only did this twice, the next day it did it several times. I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you cleaned the check valve located in the fittings directly above the tank? These notoriously plug up and have symptoms like you are describing and usually a lot of white smoke out the exhaust as well. Be careful loosening and tightening the fittings as it is easy to break them. Once apart, very simple to clean.

jrhunter

Have you cleaned the check valve located in the fittings directly above the tank? These notoriously plug up and have symptoms like you are describing and usually a lot of white smoke out the exhaust as well. Be careful loosening and tightening the fittings as it is easy to break them. Once apart, very simple to clean.
I haven't had any smoke, but I'll give this a try and see if it helps. Thanks.

Reactions: HDN

jrhunter

If it increases, then Id replace the fuel filter first, that way you have to bleed the fuel system and have fresh filters. My Cat dozer did the same thing a few months ago and that took care if it.
Well, I feel foolish. It was the fuel filter. Must have been some old crud in the tank, because the used filter was not very old. Thanks for the help

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well, I feel foolish. It was the fuel filter. Must have been some old crud in the tank, because the used filter was not very old. Thanks for the help
Don't feel foolish...
Nobody will ever fuss and say why you didn't check the fuel filter first!
Fuel isn't as clean as it once was and "go go juice" is a requirement.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks