• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 3116 missing engine part ?

AnonymousOne

My truck runs great but I found this ....Anyone have any idea what I am missing here ?

This is on the drivers side of the engine, top, middle.

It is a threaded connection with a rubber washer ... connected to nothing.

Anyone have an idea of where it should be going too.. and who might have that part that I am missing?

Attachments

Goatwerks

Looks like an oil pressure feed out of the oil cooler. Since it has a check valve in the middle, it may be an aux oil pressure tap for turbo or other engine driven devices.
If it does not have a current component to hook up to, I would at least put a protective cap on it.
Best to look in TM's

AnonymousOne

OH MAN, you didn't run the truck without that did you?!
Nope .. no idea how 25 miles got put on the truck .. or that I know the engine start with almost instant on magic... and purrs like a kitty.

I checked the TM's but over a 1,000 pages it is hard to search for a part you don't know the name of :)

"Computer Geek" here trying to be a mechanic .. searching for "duehicky" turns up nothing in the TM .. LOL

Closest I can get to this is Crankcase breather ... see pic which doesn't have that connection.

Attachments

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The A3 I had was missing that also and it looked as if was not used in a long time.
I checked here on SS and came up with that it is not used for anything.

AnonymousOne

Fording .. that sounds interesting .. I don't plan to do any scuba diving so I guess I am going to put a cap on it and look and see if I have anything else that needs a cap :)

Thanks everyone !

AnonymousOne

Ok ... so I am about a year late .. better late that never ... I took some measurements of the above pipe and found that it didn't seem to be standard... at least that I know of.

Any ideas of the size of Cap I should buy to cap this off?

The measurements of the connector are -
External diameter of the threads are : 0.68 inches
Thread count is estimated at 16 TPI (threads per inch)

Any ideas what size cap would fit this?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks