• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 air filter numbers, correct/alternate ones?

DownRange762

I just got a M35A3, please note the A3 in the designation before responding as this is NOT an A2.

I'm looking for a replacement air filter number, preferably one that can be obtained locally. What I do know is this, many of the air filter part number responses in other threads must be for the A2 since the Fram 6625/NAPA 6825 sprinkled throughout other responses is smaller in diameter and shorter than what is on my truck now. How do I know? I have the NAPA one sitting right here and it's easily three inches shorter, one inch smaller in diameter and the sheet metal center section has too deep a depression in it for the wing nut to secure it.

Additionally the NAPA 2245 listed in the quick parts spreadsheet in the sticky note section of The Duece Forum here spec's out to about 1/3 the length needed.

I'm not looking for opinion on the merits of one manufacturer over another so please save the "nothing but CAT filters for me" comments as I am not sure the CAT numbers in other threads are correct either and the CAT dealer locally isn't big on exchanges/returns like NAPA will perform on the wrong filter I have now.

I did see the reference to Erik's and will go that route if no other options are available but 2X the price of NAPA is tough to accept.

Thanks.

DownRange762

M35A3 air filter pics

Just for fun, here are a couple of pictures of the current correct air filter on the left and a close up of the NSN. Would anyone care to assist in deciphering that in search of a commerical replacement?

The filter on the right is a NAPA6682 which also crosses to a FRAM 6625, both of which are wrong for at least this A3. NAPA also advises that the "NAPA2245" listed elsewhere isn't correct either.

The adventure continues......

Attachments

Bheron

M35A3 air filter pics

Just for fun, here are a couple of pictures of the current correct air filter on the left and a close up of the NSN. Would anyone care to assist in deciphering that in search of a commerical replacement?

The filter on the right is a NAPA6682 which also crosses to a FRAM 6625, both of which are wrong for at least this A3. NAPA also advises that the "NAPA2245" listed elsewhere isn't correct either.

The adventure continues......
Did you ever find part# for air filter? I'm currently working on the same thing☹

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Did you ever find part# for air filter? I'm currently working on the same thing☹
There is no civilian equivalent. Surplus suppliers only which there are plenty with a Google search on one of these part numbers.

Wix 46733 is about as close as you can get on size specs but it's low cfm

Attachments

Last edited:

HDN

Their filter is longer than the hood of a deuce
Well there goes that idea :p While that Wix filter is "low CFM", would it be enough CFM? I just want the truck to perform to spec, not be a race car. Maybe I need to give the Cat dealer a call and see what they have to say for air flow requirements.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks