• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Anyone added a filter before the pump?

Eliteweapons

I am thinking about adding a prefilter to the fuel system on my A3. The only filter in the system is after the pump but before the injectors. I am considering adding a filter before the pump to keep crud out of the pump and to help keep cleanup the fuel that is recirculated to the tank. Has anyone done this already and if so what filter assembly did you use? I didn't see anything posted about this in a search.

Thanks

MAdams

The Cat 3116 in the M35A3 doesnt have a injection pump, only a transfer pump which is low pressure. The style injection is HEUI and compresses the fuel at the injector.

Eliteweapons

The Cat 3116 in the M35A3 doesnt have a injection pump, only a transfer pump which is low pressure. The style injection is HEUI and compresses the fuel at the injector.
I know that. I don't believe I called it an injection pump. I am looking for a filter assembly to keep the pump from getting junk in it and help keep the fuel clean.

My 3116 uses a filter under the crank case vent filter between the tank and pump, and the post pump filter that is normally provided on these A3's. My understanding is the A3 had this filter housing installed but it was not used (no filter installed, not plumbed up). With the hoses and fittings used, it sure looks like it was plumbed up from the military. It surprised me when I wrote down all the filter numbers on the truck, then searched on here to verify the numbers and came up with one extra!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks