• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 at Warner Robins,Ga.

Monkeyboyarmy

Well my bidding fingers got the best of me yesterday. Bought an A3 at Warner Robins. It has 4 flat tires and does not run. They said that it turns over but will not start. I am looking for someone that might be able to move it off base so that I can get it running to drive back north. I will need 2 or 3 weeks for the euc to clear. Any advise? Thanks

mslogr

I can't help but there are some great members in that area. I'm sure you will not have much trouble getting help.

3dAngus

Well my bidding fingers got the best of me yesterday. Bought an A3 at Warner Robins. It has 4 flat tires and does not run. They said that it turns over but will not start. I am looking for someone that might be able to move it off base so that I can get it running to drive back north. I will need 2 or 3 weeks for the euc to clear. Any advise? Thanks
I looked at that one. Batteries are completely dead. What you need is a diesel mechanic to take a look at it with slave cables and/or extra batteries, try to get it running on site, let ctis pump up the tires, and drive it off site, rather than towing, which would require a flatbed wrecker and a minimum of $200 fee. Better to put that in a diesel mechanic to check and change fuel filters and test fuel for contamination or leaks first. I haven't opened the hood and don't know if the block or heads are cracked or something as serious.

usmctopgun

I almost bid on that truck, you definitely got it cheap. The only thing that really worried me w/ it was it didn't have any water/antifreeze in the radiator. Other fluids looked good though. Send me an email if I can help, I have an A3 I can help you get it off base if it doesn't crank. If it does fire and you're gonna drive it back up, bring some rear lights, they were missing on it as well.

Last edited:

3dAngus

The flat tires were in the front and the rear, making dead towing and wrecker towing difficult if pumped up and they leak. No water in the radiator is worrisome. I cracked a block moving a chevy pickup one time about 30 feet without water in the radiator.

I could be wrong, but I am thinking that trailering would work best with the tires being in this kind of unknown condition. If it were me, I would still opt for having a diesel mechanic do the go over and get a parts count or evaluation of the motor before molving. Might be something simple, but if not, at least you should get a good idea of what parts to bring down. Also, someone would have to bring a lot of water or buckets to fill and test for leaks prior to trying to attempt a start again. If the block is cracked, you might want to sell it locally rather than trailer it home to Ohio.

MDMorgan is probably a good choice to evaluate it on the spot tif he is available. I would PM him and see.

hemichallenger

I also am looking for someone that can move 2 of them off base about same time frame or a towing company that I can pick them up from on the weekend.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
How cheap are the A3's going for on GL now? Last I saw around 3k for a running one but that was weeks ago, Jay

Edit, I just saw the Warner Robbins truck on the SS / GL ad. Whats the running ones selling for guys?

Last edited:

usmctopgun

How cheap are the A3's going for on GL now? Last I saw around 3k for a running one but that was weeks ago, Jay

Edit, I just saw the Warner Robbins truck on the SS / GL ad. Whats the running ones selling for guys?
$4ish, winch trucks bringing closer to $6ish. Of course this is before the 17% tax/buyers premium.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
I'm in california right now on vacation and won't be back till next weekend. If you still need help after I get back I'm always happy to do what I can.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
After looking on ebay I gotta rant:

How many more M35A3's can be put on ebay? Looks like exactly 10 on there right now. This has nothing to do with you guys or any of us on here but I was just suprised to see 10 at one time on there from 7-20k.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The flats are most likely due to the CTIS.

Another idea that worked well for the guy that designed it but was a nightmare for the people that had to put up with the flaws in the system.

If they have not been flat very long and were not dragged around the lot with a forklift they will prob air right up. As long as the engine is running and the system is working correctly the tires should stay inflated. If they are cracked or have flat spots on them you will need to trailer it. Towing it will set you up for failure if the tires start shredding going down the road.

This is one of the big reasons (other than that yalller engine) that I stay away from those bastage stepchildren of deuces.

3dAngus

You shoulda seen the flat on the gullwing there. I gotta figure out how you guys change out a 300 lb tire. I have trouble lifting my tire on my Chevy pickup. Anyway, you're right on Wreckerman. Everthing except that yaller engine. :lol: I think it's kinda cool. I remember how shocked I was when I first seen one. Weird!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks