• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 Drag Link separating? (see pictures)

AnonymousOne

I was tracking down a steering issue (clunking vibration on steering wheel turning) ...

One of the things I found was that the drag link seemed to have an un-usual separation.

The before picture is no steering pressure and the drag link is at rest. No white gap.

The after picture with the white ring is with the steering wheel turned about a full turn (full air assist pressure). The white ring shows when the black top is pushed away from the body of the drag link.

I tightened down the hex bolts on top of the drag link assuming that would tighten the black cap to the based but it didn't make a difference.

Is this normal or is it showing sign of failure?

(PS - The drag link on the M35a3 is located behind the drivers side front wheel)

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
ANyone with an air assist should be able to help you. I don't have mine installed yet, but would think its ok. Something has to move in/out in order for the air to know which way to push the air cyl attached to the drag link.

AnonymousOne

I finally got around to checking out the A3 at my shop.

That part does not move.

Sigh.. I was afraid of that.. something just didn't seem right about that. It is like an un-natural flexing.

Thank you so much for checking [thumbzup]

Now I got a new part to keep my eyes open for on ebay :-(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks