• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Fording

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So was he escaping a flooding situation or just having fun?

I wonder if he did his PCMS afterwards?

Truckoholic

What really surprises me about those videos, is how level the ground is for the entire distance that they are driving. And the speed he is going, it appears, or atleast I would hope, that he is familiar with the terrain under the water. Otherwise going that fast, you could find yourself too deep with the air intake under the water way faster than you could stop. It's like he's driving on an actual road next to a flooded river the way it is so level. Looks like fun, but I'd be too afraid of ending up in a hole I couldn't see.

jaymcb

all I can say is....a whole lotta wheel bearing repacking after that little swim.

The pucker factor is way too high for me to put my A3 in water that deep unless I **really** (and I mean REALLY) needed to.

Amazing stuff though.....

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish I had a father who did this stuff with me. Then again..I wish I had some standing water around where I live too. Sweet video. :beer:

TMNT

What really surprises me about those videos, is how level the ground is for the entire distance that they are driving. And the speed he is going, it appears, or atleast I would hope, that he is familiar with the terrain under the water. Otherwise going that fast, you could find yourself too deep with the air intake under the water way faster than you could stop. It's like he's driving on an actual road next to a flooded river the way it is so level. Looks like fun, but I'd be too afraid of ending up in a hole I couldn't see.
I have been in hard-bottom swamp in Florida that was like that. We could drive for a mile or so through the water that was actually part of the trail. Except for one spot, the entire water crossing was a very constant 35 inches or so. The one deeper spot was 4 feet and that was very narrow, like crossing an underwater creek. I've never done it in my deuce, but I did it many times in my Jeep CJ.

smoke

I guess he had the boat with him just in case he went to deep. I think the NJ reserves should of brought one with them during Katrina. When they totally went under water with the hummer and deuces.Would of not had to swim then. :)

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I almost wonder if the boat was there FOR safety...as in the kids could jump in it if the driver got in a bit too far. Someone else mentioned this, but how could he possibly have enough faith that the water would not drop off in spots or there were no tree stumps, rocks, etc. I enjoyed watching the video, though!

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW the guys either not the brightest star in the sky or he has a lot larger private parts than me???
KK

Ive always wondered how these trcks are submersible. How would it work with the belt fan, wouldnt the blades deflect and bend towards the radiator? Couldnt the engine block or exhaust manifold crack because of the extreme and rapid temperature difference? Couldnt water enter through the valve cover vent/slobber tube?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This one goes under the heading of "Things I'd like to do with YOUR truck."
Indeed. And when the fun is done, a few months, a year from now, the truck ends up in some classifieds, nicely washed down, and clean, sold as an "I am so sorry I do not have enough time for my hobby anymore" truck. And a newbie (or maybe someone not so new) gets to post funny things on SS after he bought it...like...."OMG, look what I found when I pulled the brake drums" or "Milky fluid in Allison transmission - problem?" :twisted:

RealCavDog

Indeed. And when the fun is done, a few months, a year from now, the truck ends up in some classifieds, nicely washed down, and clean, sold as an "I am so sorry I do not have enough time for my hobby anymore" truck. And a newbie (or maybe someone not so new) gets to post funny things on SS after he bought it...like...."OMG, look what I found when I pulled the brake drums" or "Milky fluid in Allison transmission - problem?" :twisted:

DANG ! I go back to watch them again, notice it's the same guy and truck, have been thinking of selling mine, and . . . .

You take the words right out of my mind and typing fingers !

!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks