• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 heavly modded comming soon

5tontiny

bobbed,front an rear Locker's,Lockout hubs, 48inch tire's, ctis working, a/c, power windows, hard top, fiberglass hood, custom air seats,tinted windows,:driver:

what do you guys think? Any ideas to make it better .. Im all ears

this is my starting platform.

Attachments

Last edited:

5tontiny

im gunna do a 300hp marine upgrade to it ,, it can be a power house , plus egt an boost gauges ..im a marine tech an we use these motors in boats alot. not to many things needed to upgrade the power...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Get rid of the Cat motor.
Anything with a yaller motor in it is going to cost you big bucks when (not if) it breaks. Good luck with the CTIS, it was designed by an idiot after conducting a focus group with some morons. Save your spare axle for when you need those bearings that are made of unobtainium. The A3 was an failed experiment on upgrading a perfectly reliable vehicle to a maintainence nightmare that was slower than the A2 even though it had taller tires.
All that being said it's your dog and you can whip it if you want to. Have fun and take pictures.

Kalashnikov

front an rear Locker's,Lockout hubs, 48inch tire's, hard top, custom air seats,tinted windows,

And I would do a custom front bumper, front and rear winches, and I'd get rid of the Cat too. DT, Detroit, or Cummins

PM From 5tontiny:
funny how i look back an see you knock the things im doing please dont reply to my poast any more i dont want the negitivity ! thank you good day I rember when every one one here were positive an tryed to help one another not go around an put ppl down an point out every mistake to make it seem like your smatter go back an read all your post !
I wasn't trying to be funny. The Cat engine in the M35 is very expensive to get parts for and hard to work on. The CTIS is problematic as well. I wasn't trying to be funny when I told you in a different thread to go with a 900 series. You can pick a 900 series cheaper then most people want for a M35A3. The 900 series is faster on road and easier to get parts for. Most people will agree that the M35A2 is superior to the M35A3. The changes they made to the Deuce made it worse for the do it yourself crowd and those without deep pockets. So when you take into consideration all the CONS of the A3 most people will stick with there A2's. If you have the time or money id say something with a little more power like a 6bt would be a worth while upgrade. And grow some thicker skin or you aren't going to last long around here. Whether you like it or not, most here are BRUTALLY honest.

goodguyzy

I would consider swapping the tranny and gaining a higher top end. The CTIS I would remove because it makes the tires out of balance but can be balanced out with some work if you really want it. Other than that maybe a car radio.
good luck.

quickfarms

The problem with HP in diesels is heat. Boats are easier to cool than trucks, they sit in a huge heat sink. You will need to enlarge the radiator.

I would either change the axle ratio or transmission to get some better road speed.

AC and seats hard top and insulation are a good upgrades.

The M35A3 is an upgrade that failed to achieve its goal due to engineering and cost compromises. It appears to have been designed by a committee of desk jockeys and bean counters.

Hoefler

I went with a set of HEMTT wheels and 46" Goodyears. Added automatic air tank drains-they work well. Also went with two small solar battery tenders and a set of red top Optima batteries-my truck starts in 10 degree weather without a jump. I dont use the CTIS-just capped of the stem on the hubs. Added a recvr hitch to mine along with a 24 to 12 volt adapter-works well. My truck is actually a M36A3-she is long which makes backing a trailer a little tougher. These trucks dont turn very sharp along with so much truck hanging past the rear axel-making it not the greated for backing up with trailer.
My truck has been reliable, pretty fuel efficient and fun to drive.
Only think I wish to add is a hard top.
The one thing that is the exact same for driving an A2 or an A3-women don't wave at you. Just sayin'
Pete

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A little maintenance goes a long way, my -A3 runs like a top, CTIS work as advertized. Engine will start in the dead of winter within two seconds of starter engagement. Find the Meyer tool kit for the engine and read up on it. They (Cat eng) will last forever. Oh, if I want to go fast, I drive something else.
JC

BAZYRKYR

That's true...but every time I think of fiberglass on a vehicle (let alone a MV) I cringe at the prospect of it becoming cracked and/or chipped. Plus you can't stand on it. How much do they go for?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks