• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Speedo Knob Source/Info

Rustygears

Has anyone found a source for a replacement odometer reset knob for the M35A3?

I emailed the speedo manufacturer Faria Instruments and they indicated that they did not offer replacements. I followed up with an email asking if they could please provide the knob shaft diameter and thread pitch. That was some two weeks ago and no reply, not even 'no'.

Since the male threaded shaft in the speedo is recessed, I cannot accurately measure diameter or determine thread pitch. I see many of the trucks for sale ar GL are missing this knob as well.

1. Is there a source for replacement OEM knobs or pull-outs? None of the usual characters list one.

2. could someone with an A3 that has an intact speedo reset knob please take a moment to measure the female thread ID and thread pitch and post it? I'm sure many beside me will appreciate it.

Thanks!

Rustygears

Thanks. I haven't directly contacted any of the usual sources, but saw nothing cataloged. My hope was to get the thread pitch and diameter and just make a knob.

Since it is such an easy to lose device I was certain Faria would sell one or at least have the courtesy to reply. Since I'm in manufacturing, I'll remember them - but not in a good way. Price wasn't even discussed and frankly not an issue.

If I ever fab one, I'll post the dimensions. I was hoping someone could measure a knob they have on their truck.

motomacguyver

I took mine off and measured it. The threads are METRIC for crying out loud. M-3 x .5 I have attached an image of the drawing I made of it. I can also send you a .dxf file format via PM if you need it. I could possible make you a replica without the rubber for a resonable price.

This forum is great.

"don't do anything your not proud of"

Motomacguyver.

Attachments

Rustygears

My deepest and most sincere thanks!

I'll fab a shaft of all aluminium, knurl the knob and treat the outside with ferric chloride to make it flat black.

Again, thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks