• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Transmissions, S/Ns, and Date of Manufacture

HDN

I was always under the impression that the M35A3 got the Allison AT1545P later on in manufacturing, and older units were built with the AT545. However, I recently discovered that my truck actually has an AT1545P transmission, dated 1995, along with the transfercase and axles. My truck is S/N 500246, which I consider an "early" M35A3.

The manual for the truck says they were built with the AT1545 and AT545. Did only the later trucks get the AT545 and those with the AT1545 were swapped to AT545s with a MWO? Also, are the dates on the driveline components a good indicator of when the truck was built, or was it common to rebuild the entire driveline at some point?

tobyS

I have not seen an A3 with a 545....they all have 1545 from what I read.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks