• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3c

Avn-Tech

Group,

I have owned an M35A2C for almost a year now, but the military would not recognize and license me to drive theirs. Even though every month, a report comes out saying that I need to be licensed to drive one.

Currently I am attending training at March ARB, Regional Training site. I told my instructor that my Airmen needed to be qualified to drive a deuce. So today, we all got qualified to drive the M35A3C. What a difference to my M35A2C!

I like the motor, Power steering, and the auto trans (not quite sure about the shift points). I may need to add power steering to my Deuce.

Also got Qualified to drive a dump truck, Line Truck and bucket truck today. So now it look like I will need to find a dump truck for use around the Airport. I have already been looking at bucket trucks, just have not found one in my price range (el cheapo).

Laterrrrrr
Avn-Tech
Life Sized Tonka Truck Collector

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you own both and drive them a bit, you will like the A3 better than an A2. I have never met anyone who owned both who liked the A2 performance-wise better. I am not talking about looks or nostalgia. The A3 is just a better designed truck. The motor has more power. The tranny shifts crisply. The heater is in the cab and is a bit bigger. The power steering is a plus. All A3s have electric wiper motors. All A3s have side marker and back-up lights. The A3s have a better and more comfortable driver's seat with three point seat belts. Everything is either rebuilt or new on an A3. I could go on and on. While I have owned only one A3 (but have driven a couple others), I have owned a couple dozen deuces so that should tell you something. I still love the looks and sound of the A2, but the A3 is really a better truck. Now, you did not hear me sing the praises of the CTIS on the A3. It sucks. Also, the A3 is a slower truck...I said SLOWER, not QUICKER. The A3 will blow the doors off an A2 from a dead stop, but the top speed is a bit lower. I am not saying that you could not drive as fast in an A3 as an A2, just that you should not do so. Many guys on this list, for some reason, like to push their trucks harder and faster than they were designed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks