• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 engine swap

Pat-M37

Anybody thought of or tried installing a Dodge Ecodiesel engine in a M37?

I have a Dodge 1500 pickup with the ecodiesel motor and am a fan. Nice power 240 hp and 420 ft/lbs of torque. Seems like that might work well in a M37 if it could be done.

oboyjohn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If my memory is correct, that is an electronically controlled engine. You would have to swap in all that is required to run the engine (ECU, sensors, etc). I have heard of people swapping in a Cummins first gen 5.9 turbo diesel. It is full mechanical, with minimal electronics and pretty straightforward.

Pat-M37

Thanks for the response. I’ve heard of the Cummins swap, too. That seems like a good way to go, too.
I was wondering more about if the engine to transmission connection was possible.

nattieleather

That Chrysler Ecodiesel is a great motor. Yes you could put it into the M37 provided you have enough time and money. Cause you will have to make engine mounts, You would have to think about changing the transmission and as mentioned above you would have to figure out all the electronics needed to make the engine run. But other than that piece of cake...lol!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks