• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Gun Truck Details

elvis presley

I apologize as I know this has been asked before:

I'm in the process of creating both an M151 and an M37 gun truck and really need some details about the interior layout of the gun box of an up-fitted M37.
I've looked through the previous applicable posts, but didn't see a picture that really shows the interior layout. I'm curious if anyone has determined the basic layout, or perhaps created some CAD or drawings?
If you could send along any details I would appreciate it!

On a side note, I have all the info and details from Mr. Scott Davis - the creator of the Daughter of Darkness re-creation that he finished back in 2012 as a starting point.
He did quite a bit of research for his project, but just wanted to be sure I had all the details!

Thanks!

Have a nice day!!

Guyfang

Staff member
Maybe you two can help one another.

nattieleather

You have to remember that there was no Army plan to make gun trucks. So there is no official documents to says this goes here or that goes there. The trucks were built by the GIs with just an OK from the unit commander. The layout of the bed of the truck was what ever worked best for the guys working the guns in the back. I know from talking to a few GIs who where there the majority of the bed was filled with ammo cans for the guns. The more ammo the better they said. Also they would often put a layer of sandbags on the bed floor and then the ammo on top in case they ran over a mine or what we today call an IED. Good luck with your project.

Guyfang

Staff member
Correct. Too many folks think there was a "Gun Truck" sub model. We made them from M151's, M35's, M813's and M715's. Normally we took advice from our division sized parent unit. Ours did not look like the Cav or Gun bunnies "Gun Truck".

elvis presley

Correct. Too many folks think there was a "Gun Truck" sub model. We made them from M151's, M35's, M813's and M715's. Normally we took advice from our division sized parent unit. Ours did not look like the Cav or Gun bunnies "Gun Truck".
I'm aware of the evolution of gun trucks and jeeps. Looking for some photos that show the interior of any M37 gun truck regardless of who put them together.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks