• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 M Series Signal Stat 600 - Need Help

SturmTyger380

A friend of mine bought a sealed NOS Signal Stat turn signal unit during the Huntsville MVPA convention.

Now it is my job to install it and get it to work. This unit was in amazing shape due to it being sealed up.

I have installed it according to the diagram. The problem to me seems to be the flasher module but I am looking for any input I can to help solve the problem

When you have the power on and move the signal stat handle up or down the relays all work like they should. But the turn lights stay on and do not flash. The bulb on the stalk does not light up either and I have checked the bulb with the Ohm meter. I have also tried to ground the handle unit but that has not seemed to help.

So does anyone know if the problem would be in the flasher unit?

What is the brown thing under the flasher unit, a way to connect wires or is it a resistor?

I took the flasher off and put 24 volts to it and it stayed at a sold 24 volts but I am not sure how to test this flasher unit. It only has resistance when I put my meter on the most sensitive setting.

Can anyone help?

Attachments

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. Nice work! Not really sure of the problem, but are you checking the unit with a load on it, ie. lights? Some of the flashers won't work, unless there is an amp load on them, like the new LED lights are not enough load to make the flashers work. They have come out with flashers the use a timed sequence, rather then an amp load. Not familiar with the brown thing. Good Luck

SturmTyger380

Well….I have an update.

I went by NAPA the other day and picked up a new 24 volt electro-mechanical flasher. Not the same as the one in the control box but I hooked it up and Ta-Da the turn lights flashed.

But the turn lever light still did not work. :mad: So this was making me crazy, so I disconnected all the wires for the turn switch and ran the meter to each one to figure out their function. So the ‘B’ wire runs to the cup part of the bulb socket on the handle. None of the wires had any continuity to the button contact inside the socket!!!! :shock:

Turns out that ‘G’ wire had a short in it near the screw on connection for attaching to the control box. Dang that was a pain to find. So I cut that connection off and soldered a new one on and now the turn indicator bulb has power. No need to run a ground from the switch body to a ground.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks