• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Parking brake lever

F18hornetM

While taking apart the parking brake handle yesterday to clean up the teeth, I learned something about the parking brake release button. It does NOT screw on. :shock: It has a very small roll pin in it well hidden by 61 years of paint. Pair of pliers and I easily twisted it off. Didn't want to wait and order new one so cut rod back an inch from roll pin hole and tig'd a piece of 3/16" cold rolled in its place. Drilled new roll pin hole and reassembled. Also found out that teeth on rack are hard. A file wouldn't touch them. Used a 3/32 cut off wheel in die grinder to dress them all up. Works well now with nice sharp clicks or ratcheting action. Just thought I would mention my mistake so if any of you guys run into it, you wont do the same thing.

F18hornetM

I should have glass beaded or wire wheeled paint off first just didn't think of it....In time!!!! But I have an excuse, Being the jar head and life long career Mechanic, that I am, I twist first ask questions latter!!! :p Usually works out. Just not this time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks