• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 question

3dAngus

Just for the heck of it, I bought what was advertised as a m37 pto crane today.
Not sure if it was a military issue or homemade.

Does anyone have any pictures of a pto crane on a M37 I can look at. I searched but didn't readily come up with anything. I'll post pictures of the crane I purchased today. It's up in N. Georgia so it might take a couple of weeks for me to get up there and pick it up.

Attachments

3dAngus

Just for the heck of it, I bought what was advertised as a m37 pto crane today.
Not sure if it was a military issue or homemade.

Does anyone have any pictures of a pto crane on a M37 I can look at. I searched but didn't readily come up with anything. I'll post pictures of the crane I purchased today. It's up in N. Georgia so it might take a couple of weeks for me to get up there and pick it up.
Persistance pays. I found a picture on another thread. I can't delete the original post, so I guess this one will just clutter up the site. OH wait. Let me capture that picture, and repost for all so it's not a total waste. ........................................................................................................

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are those not called "gin poles"? What you bought is home made, the rebar is a dead giveaway. The poles are easy to make from tube. Word of warning, you have to be really fast with the clutch when you are lifting something, or the cable will pull the poles back over onto the hood. I long ago baptized both my GMC and M275 deuces in this way.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a TB & TO for the correct "A" Frame Kits for the M-37 w/w. The TB is TB 9-2300-248-30 and the TO is TO 36A-1-1082. Those documents have photos of the complete set up. I have one of the complete military kits in my storage unit in the original box. I does not look like any of the photos above. I'm sure you can find the TB & TO's online somewhere. The date on the TB & TO is 16 June 1961. It is 11 pages long.

The "A" Frame Kit for the M-37 is FSN 2320-833-7114.

Storm 51

Bill W

I saw that A-frame on Craigslist but after seeing the rebar I figured it was homemade

Last edited:

3dAngus

Well I'm probably the only person in the world without a M37 who would pay $150 for a non.-M37 and homemade A frame winch pole :p

Bill W

Thats OK
I don't have my 37 anymore but when I saw the ad I had him send me pic's anyway being its rare to find an original set.

sonnyh

Hi. I printed out the TB 9-2300-248-30 that you so generously posted, thank you for this info. I have the kit and wanting to use is on my M135 and M38A1 but I see you left out some impotent pages that I could use. I was wondering if you still have the TB and if so could you please post pages 3,4,7,12,13,14,15.? Then I would have a complete TB.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll check the TB in the next couple of days to see if I have any of the additional pages. I may have only gotten the section of the manual that applies to M-37.

If I find the additional pages, I'll post them in this thread. Otherwise, just send me a PM with your email and I'll send them to you directly (if found).

I'll let you know whether I find them or not. I think I remember the original photocopy of the manual I received as being thicker.

We'll see.....

Storm 51

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks