• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38A1 Windshield Install - HELP!

troy.m38a1

I've got all of the parts, read the manual and US Army Instructions, but I am having a helluva time getting these windshields in. My wife and I literally worked for three frustrating hours today trying to get the first one in to no avail. I used soap, and every trick I know of on top of trying to follow the instructions to the letter.

Does anyone have any tips and/or tricks? I am dying here! I want to drive my jeep!

FrankUSMC

I spent hours on a WWII dodge windshield trying to get the gasket to back on. I gave up! I had spent over 2 hours fighting that gasket......and lost. I decided, before I messed the gasket up, to just bite the bullit and take it to a glass shop. The glass shop useing the CORRET tools had the gasket on in about 5 minutes or less. When I went to pay, the guy only wanted $3.00 because it was so easy!
Take it to a glass shop and save the marrage.
One of the few, Frank

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks