• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M416 question

SandD

I just purchased a M416 and the 3/4" bolt that holds the safety chains on was a tad loose allowing the wedges to move around a bit. Should that bolt be tight? I ran through the TM but didn't see any references to it. Wasn't sure if the looseness was by design. Thanks

SandD

Just picked up a shiny new nut & lock washer an hour ago (along with all new hardware for everything else). I'm surprised how well everything came apart after 46 years. Broke 4 small bolts, cut 3 of the nuts off the reflectors..

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hear you - when I had my M416 trailer I bought in 1998 from Chambersburg DRMO, most every bolts had to be ground off or cut off, the trailer was 34 years old when I bought it, it must've sat in a salt pond or something during it's life. I replaced all the hardware with stainless so I never had to worry about frozen bolts again. But also, I got all the stainless hardware free from work at the time, so it didn't cost a fortune. :)

SandD

Rust on mine is not too bad, looks like water sat in the bed about an inch deep for awhile. I think it belonged to the 363MP out of Grafton, WV.