• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M45

67_Gladiator

Can anyone confirm if the M45 is basically an M35 setup as a firetruck? I have the opportunity to get an M45 model FT750W but I'd want to ditch the pump bed and put a flat bed on it off an M35.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got one and aside from a few things in different locations yes I believe it's the same.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually the M45 is the tandem wheeled deuce chassis truck (think M35 without a bed from the factory).

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine had no bed on it when I bought it. Thought maybe it was taken. Maybe not.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Unless it is an A2 model or was upgraded, it could still be a gasser.

May I suggest that perhaps someone might be interested in restoring a low-volume production model such as as the fie truck? You could sell this one for profit and buy a common cargo truck or make a trade.
I am saying this because I feel sad each time a rare(r) truck is destroyed - and it is your truck and you can do as you please, of course.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would be a great idea. Mine had been cut and welded on pretty bad by our County road dept. I ended up bobbing it, don't cringe, I didn't know the rarity at the time.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good! Tires look near new, especially the rears, We now know it is a multifuel. Naturally aspirated LD (non turbo) judging from the skinny stack.
Looks quite un-molested; flame heater cover still in place, Body looks great, too. Straight and not rusted out,
A real nice candidate for a full resto!

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, this truck is really clean. Heater in the passenger foot well..I like it! I hope someone that wants to restore a fire truck sees this. They are so much fun, especially with the turret mounted water cannon. The ideal vehicle to have when you live somewhere rural or remote or have a cottage at the lake! Nice to see that there are survivors in such good shape.

67_Gladiator, thanks for posting the pictures! :)

67_Gladiator

That’s a beautiful truck!

Does it run?
I'm told it does. The guy who has it owns over 20 trucks (deuces, 5 tons, ambulances, jeeps an m42 duster and other various vehicles that I have no clue about. I was told all his trucks are started at least once or twice a year. If I can settle on a price I'll be back up with batteries to see if I can get it to fire up

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks