• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M49 deuce fuel truck pump

2deuce

I've got a M49 that was converted to a water tanker for a fire dept. They didn't use the pump that came on the truck and removed it. It originally ran off the power takeoff on the transfer case and the drivelines are still there. What RPM was it designed to turn at? Anyone know the specs on that pump? I want to put another pump back there to pump water. Is there a military pump to look for that would pump fire pump pressure? Anybody have any suggestions? I've looked at fire pumps in the 20 hp range and they are too expensive, but that is the pressure and volume that is desirable.

Thanks

msw0932

I've got a M49 that was converted to a water tanker for a fire dept. They didn't use the pump that came on the truck and removed it. It originally ran off the power takeoff on the transfer case and the drivelines are still there. What RPM was it designed to turn at? Anyone know the specs on that pump? I want to put another pump back there to pump water. Is there a military pump to look for that would pump fire pump pressure? Anybody have any suggestions? I've looked at fire pumps in the 20 hp range and they are too expensive, but that is the pressure and volume that is desirable.

Thanks

The whole tank was just sold to guy outside Buffalo NY. I know he wanted the tank for storage, doubtful he was gonna use the pump. I can try and dig up the name and number if you want to give him a shout.

Mine was a M49C converted to an M49A2C. It appeared the tank was reused from the original and it only received and updated drivetrain.

Maybe some of this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fuel pump manages a mere 50 gal/min. You are looking at at least double that AND some 100 psi pressure to go with it.
You could try and find a fire pump body that could be made to mate up with the existing drive train OR you could scout for the gas powered pump off an older brush truck. They usually run the V2 Vanguard/Briggs and Stratton at 19 or 20 hp and give you the power you need. They should not be too hard to source.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks