• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M51 - 24 volt charging route

Al Capone

So not getting charging at batteries. I have 27.58 at post on back of generator . So tracing wire it goes into harness and looks like maybe into a silver box on for wall ? Looks like the smaller wire from 24 side of batteries might go into that box as well ? Hard to tell they all wrapped up in harness

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are getting 24 volts to the excite wire at the alternator, sounds like the alternator is not working.

Al Capone

There are two wires on generator. One large one and one small one . Truck not running large one has 24 volts . Running it has 27 volts . Did not check small one .

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh good your alternator is working. But you are saying the battery voltage stays at 24 while the at alternator voltage is 27?

Al Capone

So far yes . I have not had time to track down why it’s not getting 27 volts to gauge or back to battery . With all this rain don’t get lot of time

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks