• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M54 found while driving around in my Deuce

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found this truck while giving the Deuce its weekly drive. I stopped and ask the farmer if I could take some pictures of it and he said that was fine. The data plates are in rough shape but I could see that it said M54 wo/w and seems to be a gasser. I thought I would post my pics and see if anyone has any thought or info on this truck.

Thanks,
Dave

Attachments

Danger Ranger

If someone saves that, they might have Ferro beat for rusty crusty recoveries....was it solid at all, or is all that rust fairly deep?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I am thinking a case of OD green and she will look good as the day she was parked there. Which was from the looks of it atleast 15years or more! Spray paint party! I'd take the axles though!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
He said he was open for suggestions.
Any idea of what he wanted? I know scrap price isn't as high right now as it was last year. Ive got family northeast of Mt. Comfort. I wonder if I could talk them into coming to get it!

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any idea of what he wanted? I know scrap price isn't as high right now as it was last year. Ive got family northeast of Mt. Comfort. I wonder if I could talk them into coming to get it!
I am leaving for Atlanta GA. tomorrow for two weeks but I think I can get a phone # in the next day or two and ask him. This truck is about 7 miles south of Mt. Comfort.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Parts turck!!!!!! I have the room store it and part it out, I also found the feet to the tow bar I got from john. So lets go get it. I smell power steering on your deuce. Parts doner!!!!!!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ferro's wrecker has that beat all the way around. On Ferro's truck, the doors are hanging on with a thought...........

indy4x4fab

Banned
Well I have the tow bar, the towing lights, and the air hoses to link the two trucks, as well. I'll even follow behind and honk evry thime something falls off:)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Not sure i would tow very far on those tires, It has been sitting so long that the front tires have sunk so deep that it is sitting on the front axle, and as far as hooking up air, I would not count on the brakes being anything but crap

indy4x4fab

Banned
Talked to AM General and he said no go on the power steering, because in order to give a deuce power steering from a five ton it has to come from a multi-fuel five ton. Gassers us a totally different set up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks