• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M548A1 windshield & cab top removal

L1A1

Hello List!

Well, looks like I did it this time! Pulled the trigger on an M548A1 6 ton cargo carrier. I'm supposed to do the recovery on it soon.

For transpo purposes, I'd like to lower (or remove) the windshield & cab top bows. Does the windshield just unlock & fold down like any other MV? Or maybe it doesn't fold & has to be unbolted/removed? How about the cab top frame work? Easy to remove or........?

Matt

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the windshield does. Or on the M48 it did (m548 missile launching variant). If you need a winch assembly and other parts, let me know. I have a few.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a door and a instrument panel. That's about it. I have to look to see which side the door is for.

L1A1

Figured I'd bring this thread to a close....In case anyone is wondering, the windshield on an M548A1 does not fold. It's either "on" or it is "off" the vehicle. If you want to remove the windshield, you'll need a 9/16" socket, ratchet & wrench to do it*. there are 12 bolts holding it down.

Matt

* A few of the bolt heads on mine were pretty bad so I wound up using an angle grinder & a sawzall.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks