• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M61A2 water truck info .. any help would be great

Jyd530

So brought home a M61A2 water truck. Looking for info or dash pics to see what is what as far as data plates go. Some of mine I can't make out and need some or any help. Thanks ahead of time.

Jyd530

I have an M-61a2 as well that was a water truck. I'm not on here much but i can text you all the pictures and info you want.
Thank you. I will send you pic of the dash and compare what I have or don't have and whatever I can't read due to being weathered. I went out today and tried it out. It's a tuff old beast. Love it. This was right when I got to the land clearing site for first fill. I will get the dash pic shortly IMG_20201020_105944845.jpg

Sterlijc

Thank you. I will send you pic of the dash and compare what I have or don't have and whatever I can't read due to being weathered. I went out today and tried it out. It's a tuff old beast. Love it. This was right when I got to the land clearing site for first fill. I will get the dash pic shortly View attachment 815793
Nice. Looks like yours was maybe used for construction? Mine was used by the Forestry for wildfires. And before that, it was a military fire fighter at an air base. I've since taken the tank off and I have a drop side bed waiting to get put on.

Jyd530

Nice. Looks like yours was maybe used for construction? Mine was used by the Forestry for wildfires. And before that, it was a military fire fighter at an air base. I've since taken the tank off and I have a drop side bed waiting to get put on.
That's a nice straight truck. I have a logging bolster with winch for a duece or a 5ton if you know anyone needing one. . Actually 5 of them

Sterlijc

You are the man. Answered alot of it. Thank you. Also another question. Is the electric pump above the fuel tank a lift pump or transfer to ?
If your talking about the tank on the passenger side, its just a transfer pump to transfer fuel to the driver side tank. The switch should be in the cab somewhere.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks