• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M809 low idle adjustment?

LanceRobson

Hello, All

My M813A1 idles at 600 RPM and I know that's the lower edge of the intended 600-650 RPM range. It rattles and shakes from the harmonics but smooths right out at around 660-670 RPM so I want to adjust it up.

I've looked in the -20 and searched the "5 ton and up" forum with "idle adjustent" and "low idle adjustment" with no success.

I could just be having a brain-dead day but if anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Lance

lsansone

i looked at the link that doghead posted and wondered about it. Here is what i did . On the injector pump there are what look like 2 adjustment screws with lock nuts on them. they are located above where the throttle shaft enters the body of the pump. I loosened up the "forward " screw/nut combination and turned it in a fraction of a turn and it raised the idle speed. turn it the other way and it will drop the speed. worked for me

lou

idle is adjusted thru a hole in the back of the pump. a plug is removed and the tool is threaded into the hole.
the tool looks like a screw driver with a packing type fitting.
I dont know the real name of the tool but its used with the engine running.
maybe another method is possible but this was used on all of mine after top end adjustment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks