• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M809 NHC 250 Fuel Filter Selection

Speedzilla

Hey Guys,

I have been hunting for a spin on fuel filter conversion for my M816 and I am struggling to find out the micron rating of the factory fuel filter. I have searched but haven't found any information I can back up with another source. I have heard these PT pumps don't like too much restriction on the suction side, and I can see how that would be the case so I don't want to over-do the filter. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hey Guys,

I have been hunting for a spin on fuel filter conversion for my M816 and I am struggling to find out the micron rating of the factory fuel filter. I have searched but haven't found any information I can back up with another source. I have heard these PT pumps don't like too much restriction on the suction side, and I can see how that would be the case so I don't want to over-do the filter. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Wix/Napa is 12 micron, Donaldson is 14, a Luberfiner LFF1201 is 8 micron. You will not find a better filter/assembly than the stock unit. You would have to clog up nearly 95 percent of it before it would not run. Spin on filters can not hold that much junk. This is a 5,500gallon run thru a wix filter with no running problems.

Attachments

wcuhillbilly

Will, Link is broke,,, just goes to Quickserve...

what ever you decide to put on there is going to be more restrictive than stock, the old 855s of the 70s didn't really care as long as it wasn't pure sludge,,, Im swapping mine out for a homebrew setup with either a single or double FS1212 or FS 1000 Fleetguard, and 8AN line, mostly due to getting the filters, head from Cummins cheap, the line from Summit and my spare parts pile, Doing away with the tank switch valve, and finally eliminating the air leaks in my system.... AKA hard starts and 1800rpm tach out.
if you haven't already, look into the "dual Fuel" mod, suppling fuel to the front and rear of the engine head bank. this should wake up your 36K lbs 816, however it dumped 400rpm for me,,, that's how I found out how bad my fuel system was.....
Tip, if your running an 816, Drop the passenger side fuel tank, and install a tool box. the 100gal on the driver side will get you most anywhere you want to go, and eliminate the switch valve under the seat from allowing air in your fuel lines.

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't look to see where the link went. Not broken, it just went to the x ref page. Type in any filter number and get a fleetguard filter number and it's spec.

Canadian Gunner

Wix/Napa is 12 micron, Donaldson is 14, a Luberfiner LFF1201 is 8 micron. You will not find a better filter/assembly than the stock unit. You would have to clog up nearly 95 percent of it before it would not run. Spin on filters can not hold that much junk. This is a 5,500gallon run thru a wix filter with no running problems.
What is the stock filter number?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks