• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813a1 paint job

RustyEric

Hi everyone, thanks for all your advise on painting my 5 ton. I used behr marqee and a greco sprayer with the stock 515 tip. I used the paint code provided by privatewrench. Here are some pics.

Attachments

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang! That looks sharp! I like the solid green.
That was a lot of work but well worth it🙂

tobyS

Nice work!

I use green 383 on everything, usually with brush and roller, but if the rust isn't repaired first, it will be back. Red oxide primer will neutralize some rust and lately I'm using rustoleum camouflage that has toluene solvent, so is not water based, yet is flat and the acrylic Behr bonds well to it. So I rattle can over my red prime, the put on the acrylic Behr.

Last edited:

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi everyone, thanks for all your advise on painting my 5 ton. I used behr marqee and a greco sprayer with the stock 515 tip. I used the paint code provided by privatewrench. Here are some pics.
Very nice. I'm slowly doing my deuce in that color green. Gotta wait for at least spring for the body itself.

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. The behr paint can go on if the temp is around 40 or above. That had a big part in why i chose it. I didn't want to wait for spring.
Well I've already bought mine. I needed the rattle cans to do the dash and and a lot small parts on the exterior. Gillispie rep said I'd get a better color match buying from the same lot and sitting on the gallons a few months was no problem. I'm using 24052. It's the semi gloss, fewer handprints.

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. The behr paint can go on if the temp is around 40 or above. That had a big part in why i chose it. I didnt want to wait for spring.
Yea if I had someplace to work on it inside I wouldn't wait. As it is I'm doing the fenders, engine access, troop seats,. lights in my garage, Pretty much anything I can pull off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks