• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 Tow Truck

Danger Ranger

Unfortunately we cannot search pictures.....

I came across this in a random Google search and wanted more info on it. I thought it looked pretty neat, while probably not as useful as I'd like to think it is. I vaguely remember seeing it before, so does anybody know who has it? Or maybe some more info on it?

Thanks guys.

Attachments

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know much about them either. So if there is anyone else that knows more about them feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Marlboro

It has bridge truck wheels but could't tell you if it was a bridge truck or not. Guy around me has one with a shortened frame with a deuce bed on it and duel 14.00 on the rears.

indy4x4fab

Banned
They have 3 inch wheel spacers with extra long studs. Heres a picture of the spacers, and there's one of these spacers on each hub.

We have one at the museum and I want one of the m821 with the stake pocket beds on it.

Attachments

Last edited:

augiedoggy

Bridge trucks are over-width, right? There was one for sale in New Richmond Oh. a couple of years ago that I was drooling on, went cheap too....Docfarmall knew about it (I later found out). Was it a member here from Indiana that bought that one I'm speaking of???

Danger Ranger

In an effort to keep this on track...I know, I know, I'm a stickler....

no one knows anything about this bobbed bridge truck with a wrecker setup on its back?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
A few years ago there were several gasser bridge trucks for sale on GL at Herlong, CA.

It was like they came out of the Twilight Zone....all of them were complete and the discription said they were driven in.

My theory is that they came from a CA National Guard Unit that was way down on the vehicle replacement list.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks