• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M840 Year of Manufacture

firefinder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trying to determine the year of manufacture on an M840 Shelter Dolly. I've found references from about 1966 - 1990 from tech manuals and other resources (some of these dates may be due to prior references of other items). The dolly needs to be registered and titled. Any experience with these units would be helpful.

Thanks,

firefinder

Scrounger

On the data plate there should be a contract number. The first group of letters and numbers is the contracting group. Then there is a dash. The two-digit number after that is the last two digits of the contract year followed by a dash and the contract number. When in doubt I have always used the contract date for these things.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks