• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M85 Laundry Trailers Home!

brianrbull

The "Girls" have been delivered. and I am stuck in the sand Box :x
Oh well probably for the best as "Home" is entering the cold part of the year....Man I hope they drained them well last field problem.... More pics to follow...(As Soon As they are sent my way.)

Attachments

brianrbull

Had do have a Landol trailer come out to help with unloading . I specified a Dropdeck Trailer, WITH RAMPS.......they brought CAR ramps. These babys weigh in at 15000# so I get soaked for another $400 Ah well they are home and appear to be complete.

Attachments

brianrbull

Well not really. BUT I do have the watersupply to feed 'em. and when I go home next summer I plan on washing some clothes with them. At least I wont have to do but 1 load a month this way.....Heheheh

srodocker

hehe man those laundry trailers are huge! cant wait to see some more pics...were you the one planning on letting someone use them for a big event or something? why did you get 2 hehehe

brianrbull

Well I will be keeping one operational, and probably hard mounting the equipment off the second one inside the buildings at the farm, My friends who helped unload them said they were in excelllent shape ....Might have to bring one to a rally or something now all I need is a couple Water Buffalow trailers, Tide, and a drain.
As to why I bought 2, Well My name is Brian and I have a problem..........Shipping was more than I paid for both :cry: .

Armada

Nice! Glad you got them home ok! They look good from the pictures. Hope to see them in operation.
Whats all the white stuff? lol

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Um, would you really need a drain?

As long as you aren't washing "commercially", and only "residentially", would the waste water be considered "gray water" and could be used for "irrigation"?

At least here in west Texas it would work - - - We try to "conserve" as much water and get it back into the ground as we possibly can.

davidkroberts

i hate asking military vehcle collectors this but what are you going to do with them. I wouldnt mind having the trailer and generator and its well worth the price for just those but why did you want the washer and dryer?

wascomatw74

new washers like that cost $150-200 per wash pound , used around half. dryers about 100-125 new. if properly setup they will use 60-75 gal water fullcycle for a 35 lb washer your old house 10 lb toploader used 67 gal new toplpader less . bull check with me or manufactor on mounting to floor.book usually say 12 inch reinforced concrete done 6inch ok seen them pull loose and bust up 4 inch. also better to run at 80% or more of load capicty. hard to balance at spin hard on bearings.

bimota

Ok, I've just got my M85 stripped and naked. Gen needed batteries and fired up after a little fiddling, so far so good. Key question as posted is what to do with the surplus washer, dryer, controls and spinner. I will use most of the rest for my off-grid power plant and waste water recycling trailer. More later as I progress.

Price for these laundry units are high in California - why I don't know but I've seen these sell for $1000 in the mid west. Anyway, if you have one of these and want it gone let me know, I might be willing to ship if the total cost is less than buying in CA.

Also, my only idea for the washer is to make it a compost tea machine. Put the compost in, turn a few times and drain into buckets, spray your plants and boom, larger buds. Anyone have any other ideas?

Dryer - no good reuse ideas yet - ???

Spinner - again, other than spinning the compost to drain all of the "tea" I am not sure.

I have a few parts I won't need and would want to trade for other parts. I want all the stainless steel pans, I need a spare tire/wheel. I have all the hoses, program cards and etc to sell or barter. 2cents

NEIOWA

Find a poor rural Fire Dept in your area. I guarantee you won't have to look far even in the PRC.

Standard for proper cleaning of Turnout gear requires a commerical washer. Only big/properous FD can affor $8k for such most will have a 2nd hand Maytag.

Washer has no value to you, so donate it to the FD and take the $100/lb x 40 as a tax deduction. Or sell it to them for $100. Turnout gear is to be air dried, never tumbled/heated so they should not be using a dryer.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pellerin Milnor was the manufacturer for some of those commercial washer and driers. They have a plant in Kenner, LA .
Might be worth a call. I posted the tm's for both laundry trailers here on ss trailer section.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks