• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 gas tank question

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tanks we have do not have drains. WE removed the tanks and cleaned them out. To my knowledge they are all plastic.
There is a screen on the end of the fuel pick up that can be varnished by old fuel to the point it is not going to work right. With the tank out, you can check out this screen to be sure it is going to flow the fuel.
Regards Marti

N1265

All the ones I have seen are plastic.

there is no drain on the tank.

If you suspect the screen is cloged, simply pull the fuel line at the pump and blow out with air, this will remove the screen at the end of the pick up tube, then install a new inline filter between pump and carb.

Pulling the tank is easy, expecially if you disconnect the drive shaft at the tranny, I have found that usually the hardest part is getting the hose off of the fill tube...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks