• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M886

Iceman3005

Jeff is not selling it, I run an auto repair shop and I have done quite a bit of work on his military collection. The TM shows the truck to be an M886. Not sure on the axle, I thought it was a dana 60 but I haven't measured the front cover yet.

armydodge

how bad is it to change heater core? I need one for my 76. where did you buy, how much and would you buy same one if you had to do it again?
thanks

Iceman3005

I didn't buy the heater core, Lawrence of Arabia did. As for taking the old one out and installing the new one, it was kinda a pain, but removing any heater core is a pain especially when trying to get at the hidden bolts inside the heater box and bolts that are tucked up under dash. Plus the bolt heads are tapered, I wish they would stop making tapered head bolts. The two hidden bolts are inside and too the right of the sliding louver.

sf38a1

I swapped the heater assembly for a Classic Air Unit. Now I have heat and air . A big plus in Florida. . It looks like you replaced the electric fuel valve solenoid . Have you had any problems yet ? I had replaced one ,but the fuel ports are smaller diameter than the stock unit. it seem like the engine was starving for fuel .I ended up replacing the electric with a manual valve . Haven't had a problem since.

Iceman3005

I swapped the heater assembly for a Classic Air Unit. Now I have heat and air . A big plus in Florida. . It looks like you replaced the electric fuel valve solenoid . Have you had any problems yet ? I had replaced one ,but the fuel ports are smaller diameter than the stock unit. it seem like the engine was starving for fuel .I ended up replacing the electric with a manual valve . Haven't had a problem since.
It's not my truck, did all the work for another member. Seemed to run great when I had it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks