• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M900 axles under the M800 chassis

joeM62

I tried to do a search on this and couldn't find anything on the matter. I like the looks of the M800 and the airbrakes of the M900, what I am asking is instead of putting the airbrake converison on the m800 and spending a chunk of money. I found M900 axles that are cheap but wonder if the axles would fit under the M800 chassis?

Westech

CPL
They will bolt up but if I remember correct the 900 has the diff on the other side in the front. That is why most people use only the rear 900 axles and air brakes.

hemichallenger

If it is on the other side you might be able to rotate the transfer case. It has been done to put air brake 5 ton axles under a 2 1/2 ton.

Last edited:

98hd

I thought in opcom's thread about the 939 t-case it was determined the diff is on the correct side?

I have been told before that the 939 air brakes will bolt on to the 809 axles also. Everything from the backing plate out.

emr

the axles are the same, it would seem they would bolt on, ? they are the same truck under there except for the trans and all air brakes,

USMC6062

My buddy is parting out a 939 series truck and all the air brake parts will be for sale. We are keeping the axles for another project, but don't need the brakes.

joeM62

The thing I was wondering on this swap was the old braking system to the new internal parts not on the axle parts, was there little change or major change in converting air-over hydro to straight air?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks