• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M911 drive train

Duramax445

Hey guy, just purchased the drive train from a M911 military semi. I am wondering if there is a mod for the transfercase to make it capable to run 2 wheel drive? I'm under the impression that it is High, low and nuetral only. Or maybe even locking hubs for the front axle, I've seen them for the 2.5 tons.

Thank you

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hey guy, just purchased the drive train from a M911 military semi. I am wondering if there is a mod for the transfercase to make it capable to run 2 wheel drive? I'm under the impression that it is High, low and nuetral only. Or maybe even locking hubs for the front axle, I've seen them for the 2.5 tons.

Thank you
Just remove the transfer case and make the main driveshaft longer

The Allison and Fuller AT202 aux are seperate

Duramax445

My plan is to build a 4x4 peterbilt. I would like to have the option to run 2x4 on the highway and 4x4 when the roads are crappy.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Go with an Oshkosh 18000 or 55000 transfercase. They have front axle engagement that is activated with air.

Found on ebay. I have a few extra 18000s I would sell

18000s are single speed.
55000s are 2 speed. .98 high

Depending on what transmission you are running you may want a bigger OD. You would want a Rockwell T1138 from a m939 for the .76 overdrive. Axles are 6.14/17

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks