• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m915 tire tread

camoyj7

Post pictures of the the tires you're running on your M915's. I plan on hauling oversea containers with mine and wanted ti see what the tallest I could use. I would like a little more road speed out of my m915a1 without being over 13'6" with trailer.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
A few years ago, I drove a 915 with trailer from NJ to NE, stock truck, stock tires, I could do 70 mph with a bit of work, 65 was no sweat, this was BEFORE I sucked the bottom of the tank. Instead of tires just turn up the fuel a bit, the 400 has a lot of untapped power.

camoyj7

It has the same steer tires on the rear as the front. They will be pretty useless in the snow and the muddy rail container depots. Thats really the main reason why I'm looking to change rear tires. And if I'm going to change them I want a taller tire to bring down rpm's.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm running 395s on my 915a1 and they are excellent tires, I recommend them. I will try to get a height measurement for you today if I can break away from work.

armytruck63

Have you hooked a 13' 6" trailer with your existing tires and measured the actual true height? You should be able to find the true diameter of the proposed tires and calculate how much this would increase your height.

camoyj7

Waiting on euc to clear. From what I hear two month wait. I'm trying to get all of the information so I can get the tires while I'm waiting.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
315/80R22.5 would give you nearly the highest load capacity for the containers & a slightly taller profile.

Tornadogt

Anyone have 5th wheel height with 11-20's, 365's or 395's?
I can get you a measurement with stock wheels/tires. Fuzzytoaster can get you numbers with 395s.. we Both have M915a1s with sliding 5th wheels, I have seen some M915 (A0 with the cat trans) have a fixed 5th wheels on spacers above the frame make sure you know which one you have. it will change the height....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks