• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916a1 modified for daily use.

bbtruck72

I needed to replace my 2wd ford l9000. I hope you guys appreciate it but if you don’t that’s ok.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great use!

Did you simply offset the receiver hitch a bit?

bbtruck72

I didn’t want to remove the factory Pintle hitch so I made a 4 inch receiver style drop hitch. I’ve actually made a few of the hitches for customers semi truck but this truck is so tall I dropped it down 11 inches so the hitch would be the same height as my pick up.

bbtruck72

It’s too tall for a semi truck 5th wheel but I have plans to build a camper style 5th wheel adapter for it. The top speed is 64-66 mph but I think I have room to try the 16r20’s. Right now it does very well up to 55mph but after that it’s outside the power band. I really don’t pull heavy enough loads for it but on Amish unplowed drives ways that always seem to be on a steep hill it doesn’t notice the trailer full of hay behind it. Usually most people won’t go to these places in the winter but I really don’t mind anymore.

bbtruck72

Also I drove this back from Missouri to Wisconsin on the stock rims and tires and I really didn’t like the way it drove. The super singles actually improved the drivability and the speed from 53mph to 66 mph. It seem to handle rough roads better and bridge double hopp got better as well but shocks might not be a bad idea.

bbtruck72

I’ve got more miles on it now and still very happy with it. Just need to fab up some shock brackets to get rid of the double hop.

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nicely done! This truck should provide many years of exceptional service for you! Again Well Done!
Karl

bbtruck72

I try to keep my cargo weight under 18-19 ton but occasionally I’ll hit 20ton of cargo. 12ton on the deck of the trailer and whatever I can on the truck. The radio is a golf cart - UTV radio. Self contained unit just ground power and go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks