• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M920 cat 7155 transmission

ROARKY

Purveyor of rusty iron
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking at a m920. Current owner says he bought two, this one has burnt smell from fluid. Slips when pulling a hill really bad. He bought another “good” cat 7155 transmission but hasn’t installed it. I have access to lots of heavy tools, lifting equipment and guidance professionals (aka buddies). I have read up on several threads and understand many of the quirks of this transmission. My question is, when replacing this transmission are there any special tools or procedures that I need to be aware of? I was told that it is about 12 hours worth of labor. Just want to make sure before I decide to go any further.
Thanks!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Looking at a m920. Current owner says he bought two, this one has burnt smell from fluid. Slips when pulling a hill really bad. He bought another “good” cat 7155 transmission but hasn’t installed it. I have access to lots of heavy tools, lifting equipment and guidance professionals (aka buddies). I have read up on several threads and understand many of the quirks of this transmission. My question is, when replacing this transmission are there any special tools or procedures that I need to be aware of? I was told that it is about 12 hours worth of labor. Just want to make sure before I decide to go any further.
Thanks!
This must be the one in south central KY. No special tools needed. They are heavy compared to other transmissions. About 1500lbs.

That truck isn't worth what he's asking for it since he's trying to pass it off as a peterbilt

Attachments

ROARKY

Purveyor of rusty iron
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This must be the one in south central KY. No special tools needed. They are heavy compared to other transmissions. About 1500lbs.

That truck isn't worth what he's asking for it since he's trying to pass it off as a peterbilt
Yep that’s be it. What do you think would be highest to offer?

ROARKY

Purveyor of rusty iron
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All good questions. I will see if I can find out some more info before I go look at it. I am looking at a 915 as well. End goal is to build a camper conversion/toy hauler that will haul around my projects every now and then. I like the m920 but don’t want to end up with a turd either.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
All good questions. I will see if I can find out some more info before I go look at it. I am looking at a 915 as well. End goal is to build a camper conversion/toy hauler that will haul around my projects every now and then. I like the m920 but don’t want to end up with a turd either.
You can put a 10spd or regular 13 speed in it and just go with 1600R20 tires and it will run 75 or 77.

you woud need an RTOO14613 or an Allison 4500 to have any road speed on 395s or smaller tires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks