• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M920 pickup- Panama City, Florida to Morganton,NC

AMGeneral

Just starting this thread for anyone near or enroute between here and there to forewarn you.

Ferro and myself will be making the trip south to pick up and (hopefully) drive the M920 I purchased home,we will be leaving Feb 3rd and hopefully arriving back here on or about Feb 5th.

We will be running down NC 18 to I-85 south through SC to GA,through Atlanta,then I-185 south through Columbus GA, then GA HWY 431 to Dothan,AL,then HWY 231 S the remainder of the trip.

I will post further updates on this thread as time gets closer.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just give me a heads up Brandon when you leave out and ill try to be in the general area around Albany or near by. I have a few hauls in the southeast slated for January

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

sandcobra164

Wes, it you're tired near Albany, you can stop by for supper, a shower, and a couch to sleep on. Not just for Brandon's trip, you know the address.

AMGeneral

Just give me a heads up Brandon when you leave out and ill try to be in the general area around Albany or near by. I have a few hauls in the southeast slated for January

Will do Wes, hopefully this 920 will cooperate and give us no issues on the way home,I am taking my usual loadout for any recovery,everything including the kitchen sink.

I know it has been sitting for a year or so,so decent amounts of air tool oil in the trans air line,plus a transfer case oil change/screen clean is in order before hitting the road.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Will do Wes, hopefully this 920 will cooperate and give us no issues on the way home,I am taking my usual loadout for any recovery,everything including the kitchen sink.

I know it has been sitting for a year or so,so decent amounts of air tool oil in the trans air line,plus a transfer case oil change/screen clean is in order before hitting the road.
I have a medium heavy and heavy bar on my truck if it gets too bad off. My 923 can more than handle it on a towbar if needed. I only weigh about 3,000lbs less than a 920. Hopefully that won't be needed. On the 322 it would be about 16ft tall.

I carry everything on my truck as well to do most major roadside surgeries.

You know you need to bring a few filters for the air on the transmission. You know how picky they are on gunk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Wes, it you're tired near Albany, you can stop by for supper, a shower, and a couch to sleep on. Not just for Brandon's trip, you know the address.
Will do. Appreciate it. I have been running Atlanta to Savannah pretty hot and heavy lately for the most part.

AMGeneral

UPDATE,

As of today, I am no longer purchasing the M920 in Florida. My better judgement had more time to think, and at this point it does not really fit into my current business plan.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks