• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 A1 died on me while circling neighborhood - NHC 250

PowerstrokeNC

Need some help if anybody has experienced this before.

Was flushing and changing coolant this AM as I have a 500 mile round trip to do and it was time for the change. So I am in the process of flushing fresh water though the system and go to loop neighborhood to get thermostat to open.

on my second loop, less than a 1/4 mile, I start losing power, slowly, within about 250 feet she basically stops (running) and I coast to a stop.

I tried a restart and she ran for 2-3 secs and died.

so first thought is of course, it's the fuel, I checked the emergency stop to make sure that didn't engage somehow and it looks good.
Tank is 3/4 and fuel is fresh, serviced fuel filters about a year or so ago and they have maybe 500 miles on them.

any thoughts on diagnosis? Looks like I might have to cancel trip :(

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Prime the fuel system and see f it restarts and runs.

You may have an air leak or a plugged filter.

Milege does not matter as much as time does if you have moisture or algea in your fuel.

A plugged filter could cause an air leak.

Have you regularly treated your fuel?

PowerstrokeNC

I do regularly treat fuel, Coffey1 saved the day, it was the little fuel solenoid. Turned in bypass screw and it fired up.
Random failure.... Now I need a solenoid :)

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I am troubleshooting my 250 for any stop /no start problem is I run the thumb screw in on top of the PT. first to get that out of the mix. Then I clean around the fuel canister lip as best I can with whatever. If I know I will be changing the filter days ahead I just use the garden hose the day before and next day its dry but lots cleaner. OK back to you, next thing I do is loosen the canister enough to tell if it is full or half full of fuel. Full something else is wrong/half full something else is wrong. Bad fuel line letting in air and do believe there has been droped end off fuel pickup tube in tank. I have only had bad rubber line so far.

MtnSnow

Check the Fuel Pickup tube as it might have a hole/crack near the top or it might have completely dropped out of the fitting (My M925A2 did this last week). Ended up having to unhook the fuel line from the pickup fitting and placed the fuel line directly into the tank and then duct-taped it in place/closed and then I was able to re-prime my fuel system and drive the couple of miles back to my storage yard to fix the pickup tube (had the replacement brazed on instead of just soldered like the original one was)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks