• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 AM General 1983 Power steering lines

Jonathan M

Hello, I bought this truck about 3 years ago and started off good getting problems solved but then,....well life intervened and it has sat for a while. I tried to move it and a hydraulic line for the power steering had rusted through and I blew oil everywhere. Well I got the line out and took it to a place that fabricates anything hydraulic and they quoted me $262. It is a 4 foot steel tube with fittings on either end and 9 bends. I just about fell over. I called a parts supplier and they told me they can't help me without a part number. Well I have looked at exploded views until my eyes bled and I cannot find a match. It goes from the steering box along a cross member in the frame to a fitting on the inside of the frame on the passenger side. It is all steel. I will try to post pictures but it might take me a while. I'm not a regular here and must figure out your system.

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just replace it with standard hydraulic rubber lines and ditch the metal ones.

Drill the cross member and use some electrical holders from home depot to secure the hose.

If you need em I have some made up with the correct gear box and steering cylinder fittings.

Jonathan M

Around $175 shipped for lines and fittings. That is both replacement lines.
If that is a sure thing I'd do it. Not that much harder to do both while I'm at it. Do you have contact info for a vendor that has them. We are talking new lines, correct?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks