• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 fuse box location??

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome!

Basically, we would advise to read the operator's manual so you are familiar with the vehicle. A wealth of information and the repair tm's have wiring diagrams and the P2P software has a real neat air and electrical flow charts.

All circuits are protected through auto reset circuit breakers as noted on the firewall. There is also main power and starting protection in the PCB box on the firewall. The only "fuses" are on abs equipped (most) trucks in the wiring close to the yellow light behind the dash.

What is the problem you are trying to fix?

wilmart01

Well, I have 2 problems with my 923, first the blinkers stop working, second is the head lights comes on but very very low voltage, looks like 6 volts light.
Where do I start looking?

lindsey97

There are 2 breakers mounted under the hood, on the firewall, and 2 under the dash near the steering column. 2 are 15 amp, and 2 are 30 amp. The only fuses on the truck are in the abs wiring harness, located under the dash below the start switch.

You need to know this stuff for safety reasons, in order to do your pretrip, and to operate a class 8 truck. Please read the operator's TM at the minimum.

Brutacus

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't feel bad, I asked the same question about my M818 after I first got it. Mine never had a fuse box, just some breakers and relays. The Tech Manuals are on here for free, find all the ones for your truck.

Last edited:

Steelreaper80

There are 2 breakers mounted under the hood, on the firewall, and 2 under the dash near the steering column. 2 are 15 amp, and 2 are 30 amp. The only fuses on the truck are in the abs wiring harness, located under the dash below the start switch.

You need to know this stuff for safety reasons, in order to do your pretrip, and to operate a class 8 truck. Please read the operator's TM at the minimum.
I can not for the life of me find these breakers. I had a short doing a oil change. I changed out the PCB thinking that was it but it wasn't. There are no breakers near the PCB on the firewall and I can not find any under the dash. I did find two fuses, one 15 amp and one 3 amp which I assume go the the ABS.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks