• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 receiver/hitch assembly

jester3798

I have a 5 ton 923. I was searching the threads for a receiver to install. I found and ordered the curt receiver 15605 I think was the number in the thread. when it arrived it was way to wide. I think like 40"+ my 923 needs a width of 33" max. anyone know the part number or reference for a receiver that would fit a 923. optimally it would have a 7" drop to go under the pintle but I can make it work for my application if not. thanks in advance.

jester3798

I found a new heavy duty Curt receiver hitch that should fit the deuce perfectly. I like the fact that it has some drop height so that I won't need a drop hitch adapter as tall as without it.

It is Curt part # 15605 and has a gross towing weight rating of 18,000lb, and a tongue weight rating of 1,800lb.

I just ordered one for $204 (w/free shipping) and I'll post photos when I get it installed. This is the post I found. I know it says deuce but with all the other posts associated it seemed like it would work on the 5 ton.

Bill

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As a similiar problem, I adopted a hitch from a Toyota Tundra, to my Deuce, by cutting the crossbar loose from the hanger brackets, and moving them together closer, then bolting to the frame. The little hanger bracket in the center, will beef it up substantially. The OD on most trucks is 32".DSCN0012.jpgDSCN0013.jpg

NightOwl

Has anybody else put a receiver hitch on their m923 ? The Curt website does not give any dimensions of the receiver brackets so I'm not sure which one to order. On my truck it looks like I could attach brackets inside the truck frame at 26" or outside the beam at 34". I think the receive should drop down at least 7" from the frame. Please post photos.

bigboy44

Her are a few pictures of my build. The hitch is made of 4x4x1/4" tubing and 5/8" hanger plate with 2 - 9/16" and 1- 3/4" grade 8 bolts holding each side.2013-06-26 Civy Trailer Hitch on 5Ton 002.jpg2013-06-26 Civy Trailer Hitch on 5Ton 003.jpg2013-06-26 Civy Trailer Hitch on 5Ton 004.jpg

Attachments

NightOwl

That is awesome! That's exactly what I need. If only you lived in Maryland, or I knew how to weld. Any chance you could weld up the hanger plates and tubing for me and ship it up here?

Edit: I'm guessing that many others would be interested....

TacticalDoc

Curt part # 15605 is for the deuce? anyone find one for the M923 yet?

is there a part number for the universal class IV hitch by reese

Last edited:
They will do price matching. After a little browsing around I found a place who sold it for around 500. Sent them the link and they gave it to me at that price. I payed a little over 600 with shipping to Hawaii. Shipping to Hawaii is normally $$$$...

Moto2four

Any f 250 1999-current hitch is the right size for 2 1/2 and 5 tons. Auto anything has one rated at 10k for 174 shipped

EDIT: curt part number 14041 $147 shipped to my door. Just ordered

Last edited:
Finally got the hitch mounted. Was in a hurry because I needed to use it on a job, so it's rough, and wasn't able to take pix. I need to take it apart and clean it up and paint it. I'll take so pictures then. But it works like a champ.

TacticalDoc

M923 frame is 29 to 34 (inner / outer width)
the only factory mount I see that will fit is this - Curt 13703 Class III Receiver Hitch
it doesn't look as strong as others but for under 300 it will do

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks