• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 trans trouble

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Any idea y my transmission has a short shift between 2 and 3? I check the basics
The school I went to taught us that "Y" is spelled WHY and being that you do not know how to spell why, I would guess that you do not know to add a "ed" on check to make it checked, If you did know how to spell why, I would think that the missing "ed" was a typo.

It is a real shame that our todays schools cannot teach proper English, Math, and Spelling.

mcmullag

Mine does it too, seems to work okay since I am empty all the time.

Grammar thing might be a combination of texting influences and typing fast. I would not worry about it, we got the point. Here we are not writing a letter to someone or a book, just quick communications on a thread..... just my two cents.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Mine does it too, seems to work okay since I am empty all the time.

Grammar thing might be a combination of texting influences and typing fast. I would not worry about it, we got the point. Here we are not writing a letter to someone or a book, just quick communications on a thread..... just my two cents.
I do believe that there IS a SITE RULE about this very subject, something about do not post like your are texting and the SITE would like you to post using at least eighth grade English, so yes it IS something to worry about.

74M35A2

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Complaining about improper English, while using improper English to do so, seems inappropriate to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Manual_of_Style/Capital_letters#All_caps

First, I used all CAPS to make a point.
Second, when I went to school, we HAD TO LEARN the old fashion way, which is studying, not using the internet and hence no Wikipedia, wish we had the internet because Ben Franklin said "Everything on the internet is true"
Third, I DO NOT give a crap what Wikipedia says about internet etiquette.

162tcat

To answer the question, you may be feeling the torque converter lock, not the 2-3 shift. Count your shifts next time you run it up to highway speed.

mikey

The school I went to taught us that "Y" is spelled WHY and being that you do not know how to spell why, I would guess that you do not know to add a "ed" on check to make it checked, If you did know how to spell why, I would think that the missing "ed" was a typo.

It is a real shame that our todays schools cannot teach proper English, Math, and Spelling.
Since there IS a site rule regarding spelling and grammar, I feel compelled to point out that your first sentence is a run on and grammatically incorrect. I've added bold face to the error in your second sentence.

Mikey

Hoefler

My M923 has a quick shift from 2 to 3. I have changed out the transmission fluids as well. Maybe its normal. How is your 2 to 1 downshift?
Pete

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe you are mistaking the torque converter locking for a gear shift. +2

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks