• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Troop Seats, Tarp and Bows

LCA078

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for a set of troop seats and a full set of tarp and bows for my 923 with standard drop sides. At least trying to understand what a decent set will cost me. Surprisingly, I'm coming up fairly empty on even finding prices from the usual major online surplus sellers. One did have them in stock for a small fortune so I'm guessing there's not many around. When I search the forum it appears troops seats are not really in demand as very few posts are available. Am I missing something or are these just not that common on the market?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Looking for a set of troop seats and a full set of tarp and bows for my 923 with standard drop sides. At least trying to understand what a decent set will cost me. Surprisingly, I'm coming up fairly empty on even finding prices from the usual major online surplus sellers. One did have them in stock for a small fortune so I'm guessing there's not many around. When I search the forum it appears troops seats are not really in demand as very few posts are available. Am I missing something or are these just not that common on the market?
@Csm Davis or @fuzzytoaster probably have some

3up

I have a complete bed I'm trying to sell with tarp bows seats everything. If no one wants it i can sell the parts off im in las vegas. It's in the classifieds here

Csm Davis

Sorry but I am sold out, most that you will find are going to be NOS out of same batch as mine were or used. They are still being manufactured for the Marines as far as I know, but new is very expensive.

therooster2001

I have an old set of troop seats that I no longer need, so it’s free, but some of the wood needs to be replaced, metal is just fine. In Colorado.

LCA078

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for all the replies so far. @kendelrio - that's a nice rig! Looking to do the same to mine.

If shipping wasn't a killer, I'd buy the whole bed from @3up . My guess is the seats are just as long as the bed and thus not much point in trying to ship them separately.

I'd like to have one truck in original condition with the troop seats and tarp, for parades and bragging rights. And another truck set up as a work truck outfitted with dump bed. Problem is trying to find a good set of seats/tarp and bows. I was just surprised I couldn't find that many listed for sale. Almost as bad as trying to find a NOS hardtop if not worse.

LCA078

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CSM- I'll pm you about the tarps and bows.

On a side note- can you explain how troop seats fit into the whole mix? Are they separate from the tarps and bows?

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CSM- I'll pm you about the tarps and bows.

On a side note- can you explain how troop seats fit into the whole mix? Are they separate from the tarps and bows?

If I remember correctly the seats are separate kits from the tarps and bows.

I know when I got my tarp and bows from @Csm Davis they were in a box all by themselves.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for all the replies so far. @kendelrio - that's a nice rig! Looking to do the same to mine.

My guess is the seats are just as long as the bed and thus not much point in trying to ship them separately.
The seats are 2'-3' shorter than the bed. That allowed some extra cargo space up front with the seats down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks