• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 winch control tower repair

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought I would post some pictures for my fix of the bent up and broken bracket inside my tower on my M925A2.IMG_3245.jpgYou can see the previous repair of bolting the brackets back to the side after the spot welds broke loose.IMG_3244.jpgA picture of the inside, I straightened the brackets out best I could shortly after I bought the truck. Now it broke in two where it was bolted to the side of the tower.IMG_3272.jpgOne more shot, the lower brackets the cables clamp to.

I drilled out the remaining spot welds and removed the lever pivot bracket for straightening and reinforcement.IMG_3277.JPGAs straight as I could get it!

Last edited:

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_3278.jpgThe first piece of 1/8" I added.IMG_3279.JPGThe third piece, right foreground. The backside of the second piece, left background.IMG_3280.jpgFourth piece with the angle on the far right.IMG_3281.JPGAnother shot, different angle of the finished product.IMG_3282.jpgI simply tied the two lower brackets together with a piece of 1/8"x1".
After I reinstalled the tower, I'm wondering if the hydraulic control cable bracket on the top right was installed on the correct side of the bracket? I put it back the same as it was... IMG_3284.jpgUpper bracket welded back in.IMG_3285.jpgAnother angle. Looks like heck with all the burnt paint, but I'm happy with how the weld took.IMG_3283.jpgShot of both brackets looking up from the bottom.

I then filled/spot welded the holes in the sides back in, slicked up, painted, then stood on my head for an hour to reinstall!

My levers are now very firm and positive, you can actually "feel" both sides of the hydraulic valve!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks