• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925?

Doubled

Looking at that right front tire I would say yes on the CTIS
Looks like the engines is the 6CTA8.3 Cummins is there pic of the the Left hand side of the motor?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Be aware that that 8.6 engine is notorious for the fuel shut off solinoid to de=energize and keep the truck from cranking......the little nipple looking thing sticking out of the solinoid housing should be pushed back up in there for it to crank. It is the black, round thing sitting at an angle behind the injector pump.

If it has popped out you either have to zip tie the lever back and crank the truck (the solinoid will then suck the thingy back into place) or you have to have "Soldier B" to hold it for you while it cranks.

If I do not crank my M927 every day it will do that.

If you have one of the HARSCO trucks you will know what I mean.

The Transportation unit I was in at Fort McClellan had those trucks and if you were in the Motor Pool at night you could hear the "click", "click", "click" as they de-energized all over the parking lot.

Doubled

Thanks for that information. I have a couple trucks with that engine. I haven't had it happen yet but I will know what to look for when it does. One thing I like about those engines is how easy they start. it barely cranks over and fires up :-D

Be aware that that 8.6 engine is notorious for the fuel shut off solinoid to de=energize and keep the truck from cranking......the little nipple looking thing sticking out of the solinoid housing should be pushed back up in there for it to crank. It is the black, round thing sitting at an angle behind the injector pump.

If it has popped out you either have to zip tie the lever back and crank the truck (the solinoid will then suck the thingy back into place) or you have to have "Soldier B" to hold it for you while it cranks.

If I do not crank my M927 every day it will do that.

If you have one of the HARSCO trucks you will know what I mean.

The Transportation unit I was in at Fort McClellan had those trucks and if you were in the Motor Pool at night you could hear the "click", "click", "click" as they de-energized all over the parking lot.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That gun ring is known as an LWS (light weight Weapons Station), its comprised of 4 posts two that attach to the inside leading edges of the doors and the two rear ones attach with U-bolts through the back of the cab. The ring itself is NOT a 66 ring its actually the same ring used on the Humvees, its a very well built gun mount and not to bad to install, and best of all there are darned few of them out there, if you buy the truck with this on it you just added between 4 and 5 K to the value of the truck!
KK

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most gun rings are demilled or removed prior to you picking the truck up. There is a lot of scrap armor plating on GL now that includes piles of gun rings and I bet you have to cut them into fist-sized chunks of steel before you remove the lot. If you're lucky enough to get the truck without it being removed, you will be one of the lucky few. Cross your fingers...

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That gun ring is known as an LWS (light weight Weapons Station), its comprised of 4 posts two that attach to the inside leading edges of the doors and the two rear ones attach with U-bolts through the back of the cab. The ring itself is NOT a 66 ring its actually the same ring used on the Humvees, its a very well built gun mount and not to bad to install, and best of all there are darned few of them out there, if you buy the truck with this on it you just added between 4 and 5 K to the value of the truck!
KK
Not to mention you are buying a ring mount which is REQUIRED to be demilled! (just a thought).:-?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
8.3 liters and the FSOV won't cause it to not crank, just not start. But as stated, just tie it up and it will run and drive just fine...it just won't shut off 'till you cut the device holding the lever up.

Scooteerr

Demil

Most gun rings are demilled or removed prior to you picking the truck up. There is a lot of scrap armor plating on GL now that includes piles of gun rings and I bet you have to cut them into fist-sized chunks of steel before you remove the lot. If you're lucky enough to get the truck without it being removed, you will be one of the lucky few. Cross your fingers...

i just hate that..... you always gota demil the good stuff.... especially the planes and stuff that comes out of that navada base (cant think of the name off the top of my head...)

but hey, i guess they gota keep it out of thehands of other contries...:neutral:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys its my goal to start a thread next week on my purchase of a complete LWS that I have mounted on my 925, I will post all the pics and completion pics complete with gun mounted to the cradle! Be patient there are a few, and it seems VERY few LWS pods to be had! Stay tuned folks
KK

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a LWS (less the legs) in front of me, for sale for probably $450.00. It rotated freely and looked pretty good. I passed at the time, because I didn't know what it was. I am dumb. :???:

Rkrug

Went and looked at the truck, main belt was shredded and the alternator pulley was completely shot, but the guy at the GL office said that the Gun ring did come with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks