• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M929a2 battery drain

Neeko21

Hello everyone,
I think I’m having problems with my PCB. I have a 2.5 amp draw when truck is off. I have also noticed that my truck will start with battery switch in off position. I did a little checking with power probe and noticed I have voltage on both terminals C&D of PCB harness. From what I am reading on schematic only one should have voltage until battery switch is turned on. Hopefully u experts can help. Thanks

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Pop the cover on the pcb. It just snaps on. See if you have power on the bottom solenoid on the small posts. This turns the solenoid on. Just to check if you have or Don't have a bad battery switch that is allowing that solenoid to stay on

Neeko21

Checked bottom solenoid, and it closes when I flip switch. The problem I am having is that terminal D on PCB harness with it disconnected from PCB box. So when harness is hooked up to PCB and cover is off I have 24 volts on both sides of solenoid with switch off, kinda like a stuck solenoid, but that’s not it. Terminal D of PCB harness has 24 volts when it unhooked from PCB. Thanks

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I pulled wire 5b off my ignition switch and it did not drop the power. Is that the wire you are referring to? Thanks.
Yes.

At the alternator. Remove wire 568 and check your voltage at D.

Assuming you have the stock alternator. If you don't this wire should be taped up. This is an exciter wire that has a diode in it.

Neeko21

Yes.

At the alternator. Remove wire 568 and check your voltage at D.

Assuming you have the stock alternator. If you don't this wire should be taped up. This is an exciter wire that has a diode in it.
Yes I do have a stock 60 amp alternator. It does charge when truck is running. I will check that wire hopefully tommorow and get back to you. Thanks for your help

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yes I do have a stock 60 amp alternator. It does charge when truck is running. I will check that wire hopefully tommorow and get back to you. Thanks for your help
That wire 568 let's power go from where 15,5,568,5b all meet to the alternator telling it to charge. However it has a diode to only let power go to the alternator. If it's bad it is letting power from from the alternator to bleed across

Neeko21

Yes. Any testing should be done with it disconnected
Tested today and it does have power. Disconnected alternator and I still have power. Started following diagram and I ended up at diagnostic port. Looks like water has been dripping on it. I removed port from hanger and my ohm meter goes nuts when I hold wires and twist port. Do I need the diagnostic port? Thanks

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Tested today and it does have power. Disconnected alternator and I still have power. Started following diagram and I ended up at diagnostic port. Looks like water has been dripping on it. I removed port from hanger and my ohm meter goes nuts when I hold wires and twist port. Do I need the diagnostic port? Thanks
No you don't

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks