• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931 Alternator not charging

D6c

The alternator gauge on my M931 seems to work properly and normally reads in the green but I noticed a few days ago that it's reading in the yellow.
It's got new batteries and they're fully charged since I keep a solar battery maintainer on it.
I checked voltage at the batteries (engine off) and got 24.5v.....checked again with engine running and got 24.1v.
Not sure if that's a valid check.

Can anyone tell me the how to meter test the output at the alternator? I was looking at the P2P program but it doesn't seem to have a way to set it for an "engine running" condition so that I can see the voltage at the alternator wiring.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Check your ground at the frame under the engine cross brace right below the alternator to make sure it hasn't broken.

If not remove the metal cover from the alternator rear and check for voltage there.

They tend to just go out. Upgrading to a brushless alternator is the choice a lot of people make. Not so easy on the NHC250. Pretty easy on the 8.3.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks