• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931A2 16:00R20's ???

290smallcam

Will 53's fit on the M931? Does the cummins 6CTA have problems moving it with such large tires? And what MPG is anyone getting with the 8.3 and 53 inch XZL's? thanks!!!

sue

I know that no one is going to believe this but I put 53” on our A3( spread the axles of course) but we get 13 mpg, better than our hmmvee.

sue

And we went to haspin once, KAMO several times.
We drilled the tank so when you top it off, it’s topped off, drive now or that fuel will warm up and
start oozing out.

Reactions: 98G

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Each tire and wheel is around 500lbs and an 8.3 is no low end grunt motor. Meaning it's going going burn more fuel keeping those big tires up to speed from a stop and keeping it there on any hilly terrain. A stock NHC250 truck will slow down on even an ant hill incline with 1400s

You are wasting your time trying to get the most fuel mileage. Buy a Prius or some other Toyota for mileage . A 23,000lb truck isn't it. Especially with a medium duty motor.

It also depends on Spee, Road conditions, driver pedal vs injector pressure.

You want the truck to run 70mph and get good fuel mileage you have to find the perfect transmission ratio, gear ratio, transfer case ratio that puts you at the torque curve all the time and then run that speed and rpm all the time

Last edited:

Lukes_deuce

Eeeee! 7ish. Really thought it would be more. Seen a post where a M813 is getting 10MPG. thought an A2 would match or get better?
On my last trip with my 923a2 with 53s and about 2500 pounds in the bed, I got 5.75mpg on a 225 mile trip. I did sit in traffic for about an hour. On the return, i got 6.25mpg with little traffic. My truck has the pump turned up and I like to cruise at between 60 to 65.

My 813 with 395s would be lucky to get 5mpg any speed on the highway.

My best mpg with my 923a2 was with 14r20s, close to stock fuel settings on the pump and running empty. I got 8 mpg on the same trip. But I also was in 3rd gear most of the hills and it took me 30 min longer over the 225 miles. I dont drive enough long distances to worry about MPG. Too many factors to worry about for a couple of bucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks