• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931a2

camoyj7

Attachments

camp9

I bought a non runner too on that sale and having Jeff look it over for me before getting it. It looked like most of those trucks had new filters and some new belts/hose. What did it take to get yours running?

camoyj7

It was out of fuel. They ran it dry on one tank. Jeff had to fix a leaky fuel line bleed air out of injectors,put front driveshaft back on and charge batterys. After he went over it I drove it 200+ miles home. The more I drove it the better it got.

camp9

That's kind of what I was thinking, just little things that kept them from starting so they pulled them in. Hope mine is as simple as yours turned out to be. Looks like a nice truck, good luck with it.

Tornadogt

Seems to be going around. I just picked one up at Fort Bliss, El Paso also dry tanks. We spent almost 2 hours priming and bleeding air out of the fuel system to get it going. After that it ran like a champ, 9 hours and 540 miles back home. Extra thanks to the GL guy for slaving the truck the whole time keeping our batteries up...

Bolkbich

I would bet most of the "towed on to lot " trucks have been run out of fuel....none of the fuel gauges work. Both of the M929s i picked up were out of fuel.

Bighurt

My fuel gauge reads 3/4 tank when topped fully off and runs dry at 1/4 tank on the gauge... I thought it was just me ..
My M925 is the same way, although I've never run it dry, but just under 1/2 tank I find fuel, as it's getting low in the tank. Fuel gauge on my M915 is weird to but I blame that on the cylindrical tank.

camoyj7

No the CTIS doesn't work yet. If i unplug the control and reconnect it it takes a few minutes before it faults again. From what i've read if the air pressure sensor at the tank reads low it shuts off the ctis to save air for the brakes. Going to start checking there.

Scarecrow1

Nice truck, it is becoming a common post on hear with the empty tanks . I have to wonder if someone is draining the fuel out and into their own stock pile ........Just saying at 4 dollars and better it adds up quick.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I just removed the complete hyd. winch assembly from a m925.It was a bitch.Wait until you go to put the pto pump on.I feel for you.

camoyj7

I just removed the complete hyd. winch assembly from a m925.It was a bitch.Wait until you go to put the pto pump on.I feel for you.
I know John it's really tight getting them out! I pulled all of it out at Glen's. I still have to drill the holes to mount everything too!

Rkrug

I added a complete winch system (PTO and all) to my 923 got all the parts from Glen as well, hardest part is getting the PTO on, just make sure you have the long bolts on the PTO before you get it against the trans and the frame because there is no room to put it in once you get it up there ( don't ask me how I know this). As for mounting the rest of the system pump, valve, and tank that is actually pretty easy and all of the holes should be pre drilled (at least on mine they were).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks